Sunday, November 22, 2009

Ghosts

I've decided to do this post today on ghosts. Yes, some of you believe, while others do not. I, myself, believe. Having lived in a house plagued by weird events and shadow looking figures, I couldn't help but face what was happening.

My children were the first to admit to me of seeing the shadowy figures. At first, I couldn't help but be a bit skeptical. I wanted to believe them, but with them witnessing this event on TV, you can imagine my pause in believing it right off the bat. It wasn't until a month or so after they mentioned this that I witnessed a dark figure blur down the hall as I was approaching it. I felt no fear, at first. After, of course. the intitial shock of accessing whether or not I truly just saw what I thought I saw made the fear come.

When something like this happens it shakes your world. Your mind goes through many stages of "what ifs" and "what can it be". For two years my family and even some friends witnessed this phenomenon. Maybe that's why I write paranormal. I'm really not sure. Around a year ago ( towards the end of us living in the house) was when I began to write. I started off writing historical romance since I pretty much would devour a novel a day, but when my husband told me of a dream he had, everything changed.

When you're husband dreams a man is floating above you while you sleep, well, you can't help but link it to "ghosts". I, for one, didn't want to so I did research and found something I could channel the fear I had inside me to. It's the one thing that made me start my own search for things that most people never really know or learn about. It's also what brought around the story of Passion Projected.

Maybe it was my own type of therapy, dealing with the events happening at the time. I'll never really know, I guess. All I do know is that shortly after the dream, we bought a house and moved out. Nothing has happened since. But after experiencing something like that, I can't help but ask myself what other things are out there that we're not aware of. And why do these spirits or entities exists? Hundreds, maybe thousands of paranormal groups are out there trying to figure out the answers. Maybe someday we'll know for sure. If you've ever had an experience, I'd love to hear it!

No comments: